Monday, October 31, 2011

The most radical expression of spirituality

The most radical expression of spirituality is ordinariness. I met the sage John Troy (also known as The Wizard) yesterday. You can read the details of his life story here and he also makes his books "Wisdom's Soft Whisper" and "The Human Gospel of Ramana Maharshi" available for free here. I am reading the Human Gospel now. In it, John shows the human side of Ramana. Some who would choose to worship him as something super-human didn't like the book that reveals an ordinary man with an extraordinary understanding.

I have met some "spiritual superstars" who radiate an air of specialness. You can tell when they walk in a room by the way that they hold themselves that they are "different". With John, there were no airs of superiority or fronts, there was just sitting together and sharing and a deep sharing it was. Some people, by their open presence embody oneness. It is not a "you and me" or an "us and them" duality game that is being played but a simple basking in the universal awareness that is the true source and heart of life. I am that. You are that. It ALL is that.

Thank you John. I only found out about you a week ago but being with you, your wife and companions was like being with a group of life-long friends. I say "yes" to your message of true spiritual equality--non-duality.

No comments: