Thursday, March 5, 2015

Getting high on concepts

I used to get high off of the words. Nothing got me higher than the concepts of Advaita Vedanta, that I am an absolute, eternal reality beyond birth, death, time and space. I would have these concepts flying through my head at the speed of light and I got higher and higher and higher. Then, one day, the plug was pulled. I don't know why. Maybe there was or wasn't a reason, but it was shown to me that all of my so-called "absolute" knowledge didn't amount to a hill of beans. I came face to face with my own cluelessness. I had such an unsettled feeling then and such a thankful feeling about it now. It's great when you can die to all of the ideas of others that you've gathered in your life and just be yourself without having to explain to yourself or others who that is. I really don't know. Now I just enjoy living each day for itself. I don't take it for granted that I have another day, I may not. Enjoying the experiences of this life. Enjoying being a father and community member. Enjoying trying to make a better life for my family. Enjoying friendship and fellowship. Enjoying the seasons and the weather. Sunny days and snow showers. Really happy to be here.

No comments: